Cohesion policy 2021-2027
According to the updated framework of the Cohesion policy in the period from 2021 to 2027, EUR 2.9 billion is intended for Slovenia in the field of cohesion policy, EUR 1.5 billion as part of the common agricultural policy and EUR 100 million from the Just Transition Fund.
The division into two cohesion regions, Western Slovenia and Eastern Slovenia, remains in force. Support is planned for the following five priority areas, which will be the driving force of investments:
- smarter Europe (innovative and smart economic transformation),
- a greener, carbon free Europe (including the energy transition, circular economy, climate change adaptation and risk management),
- a more connected Europe (mobility and ICT connectivity),
- a more social Europe (European Pillar of Social Rights and healthcare support),
- a Europe closer to citizens (sustainable development of urban, rural and coastal areas as well as local initiatives).