Why study at University of Maribor?
10 reasons to choose to study at the University of Maribor:
- UM is a university where students are not just numbers.
- UM is a international university, with more than 10 % international students from 30 countries.
- Full-time studies are carried out in several Slovenian places: Maribor, Brežice, Celje, Ljubljana, Kranj, Krško, Velenje.
- Athlete-friendly education.
- An inclusive environment.
- UM student dormitories are more than just dormitories.
- Internationalization through Erasmus + mobility programs.
- A wide range of IT services for students.
- Career development and cooperation with industry.
- Extensive collections of resources of the University of Maribor Library and faculty libraries.
international students (12,98%)
Student Support Service
The University of Maribor Student Hub
My.um.si: STUDENT HUB
Through activities within the Student Hub, each student is monitored individually from the moment he or she starts making decisions about their intended studies at the University of Maribor, through the studies, filled with learning and other challenges, and all the way until the entry into the labour market after the completion of the studies. Make use of our services and support!
Web page for students and anyone interested in studying or training at the University of Maribor
All information related to study or training at UM.
Choose your faculty
With 17 faculties, the University of Maribor is the second largest university in Slovenia.
It is good that the motivation to study and engage “comes from within” and that it is not “forced” due to external pressures. If we succeed in this, study and all the activities associated with it become our way of life.Aljoša Polajžar, student at the Faculty of Law of the University of Maribor
Never be afraid to cut through the unknown or the demanding. We always encounter obstacles, but they can always be overcome with patience, perseverance and an open heart for our loved ones.Agnes Kojc, graduate of the Faculty of Arts of the University of Maribor
Take every opportunity that will allow you to connect theory with practice during your studies!Urška Butolen, student at the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering UM
Learning, attending lectures, seminars and exercises is not all that study offers. Take care of yourself, your health, your well-being, use your time, hang out with classmates, friends and don’t forget to enjoy yourself.Tomaž Cvetko, student at the Medical Faculty of the University of Maribor