The University of Maribor undertakes to enable access to the main website and associated websites in accordance with the Accessibility of Websites and Mobile Applications Act for all users.
This accessibility statement refers to the um.si website. In order to comply with the requirements regarding accessibility, some adjustments were systemically provided, such as:
- responsive design (adjusting content layout to screen resolution),
- displaying contents for assistive technologies users (e.g. screen readers),
- keyboard navigation (adjustment for users who cannot use the mouse),
- adequate colour contrasts (between the text and the background),
- predictable website operation,
- enabled equipping images with alternative text,
- enabled use of various levels of headings.
Level of compliance
The um.si website partially complies with the Accessibility of Websites and Mobile Applications Act due to the below stated exceptions.
We are constantly monitoring the accessibility of the um.si website and regularly improving individual elements of accessibility. Nevertheless, some published contents do not comply with all the requirements regarding accessibility as laid down in the Accessibility of Websites and Mobile Applications Act.
Examples of such content are:
- scanned documents in PDF format,
- graphic elements in form of images with captions (e.g. infographics),
- video recordings,
- various complex data tables.
Accessibility statement preparation
The statement was last updated on 13 January 2022.
Feedback and contact information
Despite our efforts to keep all web pages as accessible and user friendly as possible, while browsing the um.si website, visitors may occasionally encounter accessibility problems due to very frequent updates in content. We can further improve accessibility if you report on your experience with our website. If you run into any problem or if you need access to information that is inaccessible, please let us know.