Since 2008, the Quality Assessment Committee conducts internal institutional evaluations within the framework of UM. These evaluations are part of the preparations for external evaluations conducted by expert groups appointed by the national evaluation body.
The University designed an internal institutional evaluation model contributing considerably to the preparedness of university members for the external evaluation of quality management conducted by the national evaluation body (external institutional evaluations).
In terms of content and implementation, internal institutional evaluations may be similar to external ones:
- Evaluators apply the same criteria (criteria of the Slovenian Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education).
- Higher education institutions must prepare the same documentation for both external and internal evaluators (in accordance with the criteria of the Slovenian Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education).
- Evaluators undergo specialized training provided by the Slovenian Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education.
- One of the committee members must be a student.
- Evaluation visits at higher educational institutions are conducted in the same manner (the two-day visit includes interviews agreed in advance).
- The report of the evaluation committee is compiled in the same manner (in accordance with the criteria of the Slovenian Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education).
- The management of the evaluated higher education institution has the the right to file observations on the final evaluation report.
- Evaluation reports must be made public (on the webpage of the Quality Assessment Committee and evaluated higher education institutions).
The internal institutional evaluation model conducted by the QAC comprises the following procedures:
- initiation of the internal evaluation procedure
- selecting candidates for evaluators
- adopting evaluation criteria
- training candidates for members of internal evaluation committees
- appointing the internal evaluation committee
- committee's preparations for the evaluation visit
- university member's preparations for the evaluation visit
- evaluation visit
- compiling the evaluation report
- completing the internal evaluation procedure
- providing feedback
- follow-up evaluations