INSTRUCTION FOR STUDENTS, EU + EEA CITIZENS
As a student at the University of Maribor, you are obliged to apply for a valid residence permit in the Republic of Slovenia at the Municipality of Maribor. If your application is ok, you will receive a residence permit for the purpose of studying in Slovenia. You will do the permission for residence when you arrive to Maribor.
Your full application MUST HAVE:
- Application form for EU + EEA citizen (Form 1);
- Copy of valid Identity card or Passport and the original as the proof;
- Copy of your Acceptance letter and the original or copy of your Confirmation of Enrollment and the original (as a proof that you are enrolled in a recognized educational institution);
- Confirmation of your EMŠO number – you will receive that at the registration at your faculty;
- Copy of your European health insurance card (and the original as the proof) or other health insurance policy, but it has to be translated into Slovene or English language;
- Declaration of finances – min. 400,00 € per month (Form 2);
- Statement of length of stay in Slovenia (Form 3)
- Personal photo of 3,5 x 4,5 - a proper photo on a photo paper, no copies or printed photos (a photo is for official document and if it does not suit the standards, it can be refused);
- Declaration of temporary residence:
- if you stay in a private accommodation you can bring a copy of your signed contract for your accommodation (and the original as the proof) or confirmation from your private accommodation – Declaration of owner (Izjava lastnika – Form 4) – the owner of the accommodation/flat, where you are staying, should fill it in and sign it;
- if you stay in the Student dormitories you have to bring a copy of your signed contract for your accommodation (and the original as the proof) – you will get it at the Administration office of your Student dormitory;
The cost of the tax + card is 14,66 € (you pay tax at the office for foreigners).
You will receive a temporary confirmation, if you are a resident of the Student dormitories, please give them a copy of this confirmation as soon as possible (Administration office of your Student dormitory)!
The Municipality will inform you via post, when the card will be done (if all your documents are ok, if not, you will need to probably go there again).
At the end of your mobility, you have to return your residence permit card to the municipality.
INSTRUCTION FOR STUDENTS FROM NON EU CITIZENS
Students from NON EU countries need a VISA to enter Slovenia, so all of them should already have a VISA before their arrival.
VISA is already a permit to enter and live in Slovenia. Students who have their VISA do not need to file the form for the residence permit BUT they still need to go to the Municipality.
EXCEPT! If they live in a student dorm. You can find a detailed explanation below!
Students who do not have a VISA need to go to the Municipality and file the form. Be aware that NON EU students and EU student have a different FORM.
You can find the list of embassies here.
Within three days of arriving in Maribor, you need to confirm your residence permit at the Municipality of Maribor, Office for Foreigners - see the address below. You have to bring:
- Copy of your residence permit/visa and the original as a proof
- Copy of your passport (first page) and the original as a proof
- Declaration of temporary residence:
- If you stay in a private accommodation: confirmation from your private accommodation – Signed contract or Declaration of owner (Izjava lastnika) – print it out from our website or you can get it in our office - the owner of the accommodation/flat, where you are staying, should fill it in and sign it - as an alternative to that you can also bring a copy of your lease contract;
- If you stay in the Student dormitories, they will take care of that.
You will be able to do this procedure with a help of mentors/buddies.
Municipality of Maribor (Mestna občina Maribor),
Office for Foreigners
Prešernova 6, 2000 Maribor
Monday: 8:00 – 12:00 and 13:00 – 15:00
Tuesday: 8:00 – 12:00 and 13:00 – 15:00
Wednesday: 8:00 – 12:00 and 13:00 – 18:00
Friday: 8:00 – 13:00