University of Maribor is the second largest and the second oldest Slovene university. Approximately 15.000 students study at one of the 17 faculties where they are being taken care of by around 1.800 employees. It carries an extremely important role in the region and plans to further develop in the direction of attracting the most talented students and providing a development context where excellence is at home at all levels.
WHY STUDY AT THE UNIVERSITY OF MARIBOR?
- efficient tutoring system;
- high level of graduate satisfaction in terms of study and obtained knowledge;
- possibility of numerous international mobility programmes;
- intensive connections with the economy;
- usage of E-study materials (E-study environment Moodle) and partial performance of certain study programmes in the form of E-study;
- various extracurricular activities;
- opportunity to be a part of student competition teams which regularly achieve top results at numerous international student competitions (Demola, Imagine Cup, Formula Student, TechCrunch Disrupt, Reimagine Imagination, etc.
At the University of Maribor, we are making a strong effort to accelerate the further development of our tutoring system which has multiple purposes: to make the transition to study easier for our new students, to encourage intergenerational cooperation among students and to look after the personal and professional development of students in their time of study.
Tutoring models vary heavily among faculties, however, the vision and spirit of tutoring is something that they all share: to work for the well-being of students and to make sure that they will indeed have a high quality, unforgettable study experience at the University of Maribor.
According to Times Higher Education World University Rankings, University of Maribor is ranked among the top 600 best universities in the world and has earned the highest score among Slovene universities. In 2014, it also received an award for the well-being of foreign students at higher education institutions (StudyPortals Award for Outstanding International Student Satisfaction).
Let us highlight just some of the more visible accomplishments of our representatives:
- development of the first Slovene nanosatellite going into space;
- successes at Formula Student competition;
- constant high scores at Imagine Cup competition;
- prestigious Reimagine Education award for the project Demola (connecting students with companies to work on solutions of concrete problems), which placed the University of Maribor alongside the most renowned universities;
- HYPSTAIR – important contribution from our faculties (Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science and Faculty of Civil Engineering, Transportation Engineering and Architecture) in developing electric air transport;
- numerous domestic and international awards received by our professors, researchers and students.
Join us and become a part of this creative development-oriented stories!