Enrollment in public valid study programmes, carried out by public and concessionary higher education institutions is performed on basis of a public competition. Call for application for postgraduate study programmes for the following academic year is announced at least four months before beginning of an academic year.
The call for application for enrolling into postgraduate study programmes of the University of Maribor for the academic year 2016/17 will be published not later than in May 2016.
Before announcing the call for application's content, the university must acquire a concordance from the government of the Republic of Slovenia.
1. SUBMITING OF THE APPLICATION:
Candidates for enrollment in postgraduate study programmes must submit their application within the dates, set by the call for application. Candidates submit their application through eVŠ: http://portal.evs.gov.si/prijava/?locale=en. The registration can be done in two different ways: with user name and password or with digital certificate.
A. REGISTRATION WITH DIGITAL CERTIFICATE:
Submission of the application in this mode requires a digital certificate of one of the official certification authorities in Slovenia. Before starting filling in an application you must have in your Web browser installed digital certificate and signature component ProXSign, which you can get here: http://www.si-ca.si/eng/eng-index.php.
Before filling in the application you need to choose call for enrolment and type of application you will submit. After the completion your application will be sent to the e-mail address listed in it. You can also access the application through this web site with a digital certificate.
- Applications signed with digital certificate do not need to be sent by mail. They are considered to be submitted in time, if they are completed, and electronically signed and submitted with digital certificate within the application deadline set by the call for application.
- All the attachments have to be send with a registered letter within the period of the application deadline and in the manner as specified in the concerned call for application.
- Do not forget to resubmit the application, if you will edit it after the submission. If the application is electronically signed and submitted, its status is "Signed with a certificate".
- If you cancel the application in eVŠ, it is considered that the application was not submitted.
B. REGISTRATION WITH USER NAME AND PASSWORD:
Submission of the application in this mode requires a username and password that you create upon entering the registration. Write them both down, because the registration is completed by confirming your username and password via the web connection, which you will receive to an e-mail address specified in the registration. Username and password are needed to re-enter the application.
Before filling in the application you need to choose call for enrolment and type of application you will submit. Link to instructions for filling in the application is at the top of this website.
Upon the completion of filling in the application and its submission you will be able to print the form. You will receive the document of the submitted application to the e-mail address indicated in it. You will be able to access the submitted application also by using your username and password at this website.
- MANDATORY! You must print the completed application form, sign it, and send it by registered mail to designated higher education institution together with all the attachments within the application deadline set by the call for application.
- Once the application is submitted, it can no longer be edited.
- If you cancel the application in eVŠ, it is considered that the application was not submitted even if you sent the printed form by mail.
For assistance with filling out the
Phone: 080 2002 (for calls inside
Slovenia), +386 1 47 88 590 (for calls outside Slovenia)
For assistance with possibilities
for enrolment and entry conditions:
Phone: +386 2 23 55 262
The mandatory attachments to the application form are:
- evidence about fulfilled enrollment conditions: a copy of their diploma and diploma supplement
- a short autobiography,
- proof of completion the differential exams, if stated in enrollment conditions.
Candidates must in addition to evidence mentioned above, submit the decision on recognition of previously gained education. More about the procedure on recognition read below.
3. RECOGNITION OF PREVIOUSLY GAINED EDUCATION:
According to law, candidates, holders of foreign qualifications (certificates obtained outside of the Republic of Slovenia), who wish to study at the University of Maribor, must obtain the Decision on recognition of foreign education for the purpose of further education at the University of Maribor.
Candidates who have not yet obtained the Decision on recognition of foreign education will be able to start the process of recognition only together with submitting their application for enrolment to study on the eVŠ application web portal: application in the specified time periods when the applications are open (application for enrolment to study will also be treated as the application for recognition of foreign education if the candidate will state in the application form that he finished his previous education outside of Slovenia and does not jet have a Decision on recognition of foreign education).
Decision on recognition of foreign education for the purpose of further education at the University of Maribor is a mandatory document for the candidate's enrolment application to be complete.
For the Decision on recognition of foreign education, candidates will additionally have to send the following documents:
|- the original final certificate/diploma paper proving completed preliminary education; secondary school exit certificate/diploma, bachelor's degree, master's degree, etc. Certificates issued in specific countries (you can get information regarding the legalization at email@example.com) have to be LEGALIZED on the basis of|
a.) the 1961 Hague Convention - with apostille affixed
b.) the Authentication of Documents in International Circulation Act (The certificate must be legalised on the basis of local law in their country first, the last stamp from their country is from Ministry of Foreign Affair; after that they need to legalise this certificate at one of the Embassies of the Republic of Slovenia, which is accredited for their country or at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Slovenia).
- Translation into Slovenian or English by a court appointed translator of the final certificate/diploma paper proving completed preliminary education (translation is not necessary for documents in the following languages: English, Croatian, Bosnian and Serbian if the writing of the document is in Latin script);
- Photocopies of the transcripts, yearly report cards, diploma supplement etc.;
-Translation into Slovenian or English by a court appointed translator ofthetranscripts, yearly report cards, diploma supplement etc. (translation is not necessary for documents in the following languages: English, Croatian, Bosnian and Serbian if the writing of the document is in Latin script);
- A short chronological description of the entire education prepared and signed by the candidate himself.
Candidates are recommended to begin the process of recognition in a timely manner. The deadline for issuing a decision on the recognition under the Act on the Recognition and Assessment of Education (Official Gazette of the Republic of Slovenia, No. 87/2011, Official Gazette of the Republic of Slovenia, No. 97/2011 - corr. and Official Gazette of the Republic of Slovenia, No. 109/2012) is two months from the receipt of a complete application.
MORE INFORMATION AVAILABLE:
Tel.: +386 2 23 55 263
During office hours:
Every workday from 9:00 to 11:00 and 13:00 to 14:00
Candidates, chosen in the application and selection procedure, will be notified by the University of Maribor members. Enrollment into postgraduate study programmes will be carried out at the latest until September 30th, for justifiable reasons and with a written application and decided by the appropriate faculty body, the latest until October 30th.